Monday, February 23, 2009

Hunters safety

Saturday (21st) Tyler completed his hunters safety class. This class has changed a lot over the years compared to when I took hunters safety. Tyler had to complete 15 section and pass a written test for each. The sections were on the Internet and took about 10 hours to complete. After that we had to go to Nephi for the skills part of the class. This took about 4 hours to complete. There were 4 stations that Tyler had to show and instructor that he understood.


  1. How to cross a fence alone and with a partner.

  2. Identifying animals and rules for hunting

  3. Shooting positions

  4. When to shoot and when not to shoot. For this one there was a electronic gun they pointed at a screen with different scenes playing and he had shoot or not shoot if there was a problem.

After completing the skills part there was a 50 question test. Tyler scored 45 on his test. Then it was off to the shooting range where he had to shoot from 3 different positions. Standing, sitting, and prone.

Tyler received a certificate and a patch to wear on his coat. Danyell is working on her section also. I think it is important for them to learn gun safety.



A couple of pictures from the Nephi fairgrounds were part of the class was held.

1 comment:

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Wow, when I got my hunter safety (blue card we called it) it was a few classes and that's it. Glad I did it back then. Not sure I would even pass these days. Congrats!