Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kyuki-do Belt Tests

Time for another rank advancement for Danyell and me in Kyuki-do. This was Danyell's second belt test. She tested for her senior yellow belt. On her first test she was able to skip senior white and go to yellow. She is doing very well on her forums. At each test you are required to do self-defense, kicks, punch and then your rank form. Each forum that you learn becomes a little harder, but she pasted without any problems. Danyell will be a black belt in about 2 1/2 to 3 years.

Danyell's Test

Self-defense


I also took my belt test. I must say it has been about 8 years since I took a belt test and I was very nervous. I made a couple of small mistakes, but I still pasted the test. It is very intimidating to stand in front of 12 black belts and take your test knowing they are watching your every move. My tester was Master Meda West. I happen to be one of the oldes students at this school.

Master Meda West

No comments: